So, I am about to do something I’ve been wanting to do for a long time on this little old blog of mine. I’ve thought about how to do it, what time of day I should do it, what recipes I should feature, what I should wear, how my hair should look, etc. My point is that, sometimes my overthinking and wanting everything to be perfect gets the best of me, so on Tuesday night I said to myself, “F it. I’m going to make my first youtube cooking video ever, with no concrete plans, dressed in my yoga clothes and my hair in a high ponytail!”
Below is a true to life post that features a typical weeknight of cooking, and if you feel like I’m rushing I probably am, I tend to be ravenous by the time I get home from work! I know my head is chopped off and the lighting could be better, but I am happy to start somewhere because I know I will only grow from here. Prime embarrassing example of growth: check out some of my very first food photos here!
If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave me a note below, I welcome any and all feedback 🙂
- 1 large filet of mackerel
- 1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tso sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- ½ avocado
- ¼ c diced red onion
- 1 large handful cilantro, chopped
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Juice of one lemon segment
- Preheat oven to 350. Place the fish on a piece of foil and onto a sheet pan and rub with evoo. Season with salt, black pepper, cumin and cayenne pepper and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the fish flakes away easily with a fork.
- While the fish is cooking, combine the red onion, avocado, lemon juice, cilantro and salt and pepper. Stir gently to combine.
- Once the fish is finished cooking, top with 1-2 tsp of the chunky guacamole and enjoy!