With the days growing shorter and the smell of back to school in the air, I’ve decided to savor the last lazy days of summer with these healthy popsicles! Their blush pink color is to die for and you can eat them guilt free since there is zero processed sugar in them!
Coconut milk is a fabulous dairy alternative to use in popsicles because it still brings the creamy texture of ice cream that we all know and love without the unpleasant side effects of dairy. Feel free to substitute in raspberries, blueberries or peaches as the coconut milk base is a blank canvas for you to have fun with. Oh and the popsicle mold I used is from my fave store, World Market. Happy popsicle making!
- 12 strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 Tbs honey
- 1 Tbs water
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk
- Juice of half a lime
- In a small pot, combine strawberries, honey and water. Simmer on medium low for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Take a wooden spoon to roughly break up the strawberries, leaving larger chunks.
- Whisk in the coconut milk and the lime juice and cook on low for 5 minutes until thoroughly combined, adding more honey to taste if needed.
- Freeze in popsicle molds for 4-6 hours and enjoy!
I stumbled across this song and fell in love with this guys voice! Apparently he was on The Voice a couple of seasons ago and the soulful groove of this song is perfect for a lazy summer day eating these popsicles!