Cauliflower and Leek Soup
Author: Keys to the Cucina
- 3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 3 leeks, washed and chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 32 oz. vegetable broth
- 1½ c water
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- 3 c milk
- 2 handfuls grated parmesan cheese
- Heat a large pot on medium and add in evoo and chopped leeks. Cook down until the leeks soften, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the cauliflower florets, the vegetable broth, water, salt, black pepper, garlic powder and cayenne. Bring to a boil and boil for 15 minutes, until the cauliflower softens and is fork tender.
- Remove the soup from the heat and use an immersion blender on low to blend the soup. Carefully stream in the milk and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese with a wooden spoon until well incorporated.
- Serve with a crusty baguette or croutons and enjoy!