These cookies are what life is all about, simple indulgences that make you smile. During grains week in culinary class, the smell of these cookies was wafting through lobby when I walked into the classroom. It made me want to bottle up that fresh baked cookie smell so I can steal a whiff whenever I can, it just exudes homey comfort.
The culinary course I’m taking focuses on savory cooking techniques so you can imagine my joy when our 2.5 hour lecture started off with a cookie for each of us. After working all day and traveling 45 minutes to school it was such a blessing to be able to enjoy these right when I sat down. If you’re not into the raisin thing feel free to leave them out or sub in some mini chocolate chips. Enjoy and comment below if you make them!
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 c brown sugar
- ½ c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 c rolled oats
- 1 c raisins
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar and brown sugar together until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until well incorporated.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Slowly mix the flour with the butter and sugar mixture until well incorporated.
- Stir in oats and raisins by hand.
- On a large sheet pan, use an ice cream scoop to form uniform cookies into round balls.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Chef Brian told us to check out this band one evening in class and I’m so glad I did, they’ve got a great rock, gospel and bluesy feel, enjoy!