This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Weave Made Media® and Smithfield, but all my opinions are my own. #weavemade #GoAllNatural http://my-disclosur.es/RgFrEH
I have been wanting to post this pork tenderloin for such a long time because growing up it was one of my mom’s signature recipes. During the fall and winter this dish made its way to our dinner table, paired with hearty potatoes or some other wintery side dish. Once school started, it became a “go-to” dish to help us get back on a routine because it was fast, affordable and easy to make.
I picked up the Smithfield pork tenderloin at my local Safeway and used my favorite Chobani plain Greek yogurt to make the sauce a tad bit healthier. Mom used to make this with sour cream back in the day and it serves as a cool and spicy accompaniment to the herb crusted pork tenderloin. It was always my favorite part of the meal when I was little, and if there was no sauce made, it didn’t feel like the same pork tenderloin! I suggest keeping a Smithfield pork tenderloin on hand for a quick weeknight meal or even reserve it for a date night too!
- 1 Smithfield Pork Tenderloin
- 2 tbs exra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1½ tsp parsley
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
- ¾ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp sage
- ½ cup Chobani plain Greek yogurt
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all spices from the salt to the parsley and mix well to combine. In a large baking dish, scatter chopped onions all around.
- Drizzle a bit of evoo on the pork tenderloin, then rub the spice mixture generously on all sides and nestle the pork on top of the onions.
- Cook for 50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145.
- While the pork is cooking, combine Greek yogurt, dijon mustard, green onions together. Finish with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Let the pork rest for 5 minutes after removing it from the oven, then slice and top with the yogurt sauce.
Check out Safeway’s Just 4U portal to receive $1 off Smithfield All Natural pork products, and give their Facebook page a “like” here to be the first to know about promotions and product updates! I whipped up some Mashed Cauliflower with this dinner, check out the recipe here!