Mashed cauliflower is something I attempted once last winter. It came out terribly, I added way too much veggie stock, and I just did not like it. I even remember running to my corner market to grab a single serving of Greek yogurt, but even that didn’t save the dish! A year later I’m a much wiser cook, so I decided to change up my approach. I’ve recently been obsessed with roasted garlic, so I thought I’d bring a couple of cloves to the party. I also boiled and drained the cauliflower in water and I didn’t go so heavy-handed with the stock, so I only ended up using a few tablespoons to get it to the consistency I wanted. The Greek Yogurt is the perfect way to turn this thing up a notch and really trick your guests into thinking they’re eating good old buttery mashed potatoes too. I had a co-worker taste test these the next day, and when I told her there was no butter, she about fell off her chair! Mmm I smell this healthy side dish making an appearance at your Thanksgiving table…
- One head cauliflower
- 2 cloves roasted garlic
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbs Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tbs pepper
- 10 chives, chopped
- 2-3 tbs vegetable stock
- Place the garlic in foil and drizzle with evoo, salt and pepper. Wrap up the cloves tightly in the foil and roast for 45 minutes on 375.
- In a pot, boil water and once it boils add the cauliflower.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes or until the cauliflower is fork tender.
- Drain the cauliflower then return to the pot.
- Using an immersion blender add the veggie stock and Greek yogurt and blend until well incorporated.
- Add in the roasted cloves of garlic, salt, and pepper and blend until smooth.
- Finish by stirring in the chives with a spatula and serving immediately.
Give a listen to this song, “Hard Way Home” by Brandi Carlile. She sings with two backup singers who happen to be twins and the product is perfect harmonies and a song that makes you want to tap your foot.